Posted by Jack
Photo Credit: Bret Ancowitz, M.D.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 5:30 â€“ 9pm
115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
Between the excellent presentation by Location Inc., the great crowd, and the Boston Globe’s coverage, February’s Geek Dinner is going to be hard to match. That said, I think March’s dinner might do just that.
See what stole the buzz at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in Feb – CNN & others rave about GyPSii.
A group of seasoned RI-based entreprenaurs get together again to grow GyPSii on a global footprint in the converging markets of mobile social networking and location based services – Mobile 3.0 – GyPSii the mobile lifestyle application. Meet Shane Lennon, SVP, Strategy & Marketing, Norm Olean, Director of Product Marketing & Vikas Singh, Director of Software Development and see a demo of GyPSii in action, share in the experience, see the latest features and network with the team.
Update: Shane has just authored a blog post at RI Nexus – Gypsii: Social networking meets location-based services on your mobile phone.
Please RSVP in the comments section of this post so that we can give the good folks at AS220 an estimated headcount. And while youâ€™re at it, subscribe to Providence Geeksâ€™ RSS feed (see sidebar) and/or join our very-low-volume email announcement list (for the announcement list, send an email to Jack Templin, jtemplin over at Gmail with your name and affiliation).
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- All are welcome, and it’s FREE. You buy your own food (cheap) and drink.
- Itâ€™s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and vamoose wheneverâ€¦ And donâ€™t worry about eating or not â€“ come famished or full â€“ eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (thatâ€™s not say the food isnâ€™t goodâ€”itâ€™s actually great).
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- Food and beverages are for sale at the adjoining Taqueria Pacifica and bar.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.